Treasure Coast Braces for Hurricane Matthew: Advocate Claims Public Adjusters is Ready to Help
Hurricane Matthew made landfall in Haiti, grew stronger and will be scraping the coast of Florida starting today and the next couple of days, with the potential for a landfall. Residents along the Treasure Coast are preparing for the impact of this dangerous hurricane. Winds of up to 140mph and heavy rains can potentially cause major damage to home and businesses.
Hurricane Matthew Insurance Claims
The biggest concern every policyholder is facing right now is whether or not their insurance provider will fulfill their promise of coverage if they experience damage from Hurricane Matthew. While you paid your premiums on time, every month, every year, it is still highly probable that you will end up in a drawn out battle with your insurance carrier to get a fair settlement to cover your property damage insurance claim.
During a major hurricane like Matthew, insurance companies are inundated with claims for property damage. Their resources will be spread thin and the claims process will be even longer than usual due to high volumes.
You can level the playing field by hiring a licensed and reputable public insurance adjuster to stand by your side and help you through the insurance claims process.
What is a Public Adjuster?
- A public adjuster serves as the advocate for the policyholder – before, during and after a time of loss – unlike other adjusters who works directly for the insurance carrier and their interests.
- Public adjusters obtain a license by the Florida Department of Insurance proving they have the authority to represent the policyholder’s interest. And, they are required to participate in 24 hours of continuing education every two years to maintain that license.
- Public adjusters carry a $50,000 surety bond
Why Hire a Public Adjuster for a Hurricane Insurance Claim?
The public adjuster’s role is to:
- Inspect and value the property damage
- Read and interpret the 30-page policy to determine actual coverages
- Advise the policyholder on their best course of action
- Introduction to experts if necessary (mold testing, engineers etc.)
- Document all your property damages
- Submit and manage the claim with the insurance company; and
- Obtain a fair financial settlement for the policyholder
Advocate Claims Public Adjusters
Steven Venook of Advocate Claims Public Adjusters has been serving policyholders of Treasure Coast for nearly two decades. Venook has depth of experience dealing with hurricane damage to homes and commercial properties including Charley, Frances, Ivan, Sandy and Wilma. He’s worked with many snow birds to restore their winter homes, as well as local homeowners, property owners, property managers, commercial property investors and more.
Advocate Claims is standing by to help policyholders in Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Sebastian, Stuart, Vero Beach and other towns and cities in the Treasure Coast.
If you want a good settlement from hurricane loss, it takes patience. Don’t take on the insurance carrier on your own. If you experience property damage from Hurricane Matthew, contact Steven Venook at Advocate Claims Public Adjusters at 954-914-7066. Make sure you have a licensed public adjuster with industry knowledge and expertise in your corner!
“On behalf of Advocate Claims Public Adjusters, first and foremost, everyone stay safe during Hurricane Matthew. We will be ready to help you restore your property after the storm.” – Steven David Venook