Fair Representation in Palm Beach Insurance Claims
Insurance claims adjusters are supposed to conduct objective investigations into insurance claims. But that’s not always the case.
And that’s why as a policy holder in Palm Beach County, Florida, you should hire a public insurance adjuster. We make sure you are fairly represented by conducting a proper investigation.
Two Sides to Every Insurance Claim
There are two parties in an insurance claim and each has responsibilities.
As the home or business owner you…
- Report the Loss
- Reasonably protect your property from further damage
The Insurance Company has to…
- Allow for timely claim reporting
- Promptly dispatch an insurance adjuster
- Conduct a full investigation
- Provide fair compensation to repair damage according to policy provisions.
The New “Light” Version of Insurance Claims Adjusting
In today’s world of insurance claims, insurance companies frequently take a light approach in settling claims. And we see these things on a regular basis:
- The insurance company adjuster misses some of the damage even if the homeowner shows it to him. It’s on the policy owner to find and report all the damage to the adjuster. And what the owner misses may be excluded in the claim payment.
- The insurance company sends out a contractor and not an adjuster to assess the claim. This is very common in Florida.
- The Insurance adjuster eyeballs damage rather than use technology like, moisture meters, structural integrity checks, thermal cameras, and etc. for a thorough claim investigation that includes mold testing.
- The insurance company adjuster assesses the value of damaged property lower than it is based on construction modeling software that skews the value lower than what the local market calls for.
- Denial of the claim based on “late reporting,” or “not valid” due to a specific peril.
Insurance Claim Representation with You in Mind
As a Public Adjuster, Advocate Claims provides a well-documented claim process.
We investigate the single event that caused the initial damages and the subsequent damages that result from its domino effect.
We start at the point of origin and follow it to the last location of damage. Often, your insurance company lacks the will and/or the technology, to complete this type of thorough investigation.
We also follow through to see that your claim is settled for what it’s worth, not by gaming the system, but by documenting the true cost of all repairs allowed under the insurance policy. In fact, research shows that Public Adjusters in Florida commonly raise insurance payouts.
Passing Time is Not Your Friend in an Insurance Claim
Suspect your insurance company is not properly handling your claim?
Don’t sit idle and simply wait and hope. It’s the worst thing you can do. Insurance companies can take up to 90 days to pay a claim and will regularly use every bit of it. Time is on their side so they are seldom in a hurry to settle claims.
Take notes during every encounter in the claim process. Include names, phone numbers, dates of occurrence and then call Advocate Claims.
As a Florida Public Adjuster, we only represent the home or business owner. And there are no up-front costs. We’re paid when your claim is settled.
So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Call Advocate Claims’ Public Adjusters at 561-962-0065 when you have a Florida Insurance claim.
“We’re on YOUR side”